So a lot of progress has been made since I last updated you all on the build. The first thing I needed to do was to build a second frame. This time around it went pretty quickly and one thing I did differently was how I built the guns. To speed things up I built a lego jig to hold the gun assemblies while I filled them with their tiny parts :Once the second frame was done I had to bind them together.
We then build some stand things to hold it up and started on the back engine assemblies. I say we since one of my coworkers joined me on the build. We also took over an office mates desk since he was on vacation this week.
Here’s a shot of the destroyer and stands :
Note the magnets used to attach it to the frame assembly. There are a few of them and when we went to attach to the frame we found that the middle one was not in the right place. After some careful inspection we determined that I had placed the entire center brace section one space too far up. This required some major surgery to the frame. But Once I got it complete, the wing connected in perfectly.
Progress on the topside starboard wing went fairly quickly and it was soon attached as well.
Check out how nice the gun sections are hidden inside of the wings.